If you want to base yourself in the beautiful town of Mystic, Connecticut, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First and foremost, be sure to check out the historical attractions like The Mystic Theatre and the Blackstone Fort Museum.
Secondly, make sure to explore all of the natural wonders that Mystic has to offer like Mystic Lake and The Blue Hills. And finally, don’t forget about the nightlife! There are plenty of bars and pubs in Mystic that will have you enjoying a good time. If you’re looking for an amazing place to call home, be sure to check out Mystic Connecticut!
What are the Things To Do In Mystic Connecticut?
There are plenty of things to do in Mystic Connecticut, whether you’re looking for a day trip or want to stay for a while and explore the area. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Mystic CT:
1. Visit Mystic Seaport Museum – The Mystic Seaport Museum is home to more than 60,000 artifacts from all over the world, and it’s a great place to learn about maritime history. There’s also an exhibit on the life of Samuel de Champlain, which is definitely worth checking out.
2. Take a walk through town – If you’re looking for something small and charming, check out downtown Mystic. It’s full of shops and restaurants that will make your day.
The Food and Drink Scene in Mystic Connecticut
Mystic Connecticut is a place that oozes history. And what could be more historically significant than food and drink? Here are a few of the places you might want to check out if you’re looking for sustenance or an escape:
The Green Dragon – This tavern dates back to 1736 and is said to be one of the oldest continually operating businesses in Connecticut. The menu features specialty drinks like the Blood ymary Martini, which was named after a infamous British pirate.
The Farmhouse Kitchen & Bar – Open since 2006, this restaurant has been praised by reviewers for its seasonal dishes and rustic ambiance. Some favorites include the farmhouse steak with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans and the roast pork loin with braised cabbage and applesauce.
Things To Do Near Mystic Connecticut
If you’re looking for things to do in Mystic Connecticut, there’s no shortage of options. Here are just a few:
– explore the stunning and historic Yale University campus
– visit one of Mystic’s many lovely beaches
– take a trip to the nearby towns of New London or Groton
– hit the local farmers markets or browse through antique shops
Activities In and Around Mystic Connecticut
Activities In and Around Mystic Connecticut:
1. Mystic Aquarium – For a tropical experience, visit the Mystic Aquarium. This aquarium has a variety of fish, coral, and other sea creatures from around the world on display. There are also special exhibits that change regularly.
2. The Olde State House Museum – This museum is home to exhibits on Connecticut history from the colonial period to the present day. It’s also home to a collection of art dating back to the 1700s.
3. Fenway Park – One of baseball’s most iconic venues is Fenway Park in Boston, but you can also find an equally beautiful ballpark in Mystic, called Foxwoods Resort & Casino. Both facilities have game tickets available as well as VIP experiences that include access to pre-game concerts and more.
How to Get To and Around Mystic Connecticut
Located in the heart of Connecticut, Mystic is an ideal place to base yourself while exploring the state. Here are some tips on how to get around and what to see:
1. Mystic Airport is the nearest airport and can be easily accessed by car or public transportation. There are numerous rental cars and taxi services available at the airport.
2. The town center is situated within walking distance of all major attractions, restaurants, and businesses. A map of the area can be found at the information kiosk located near the entrance to the downtown district.
3. The Mystic River runs through downtown and provides a beautiful backdrop for photos and walks along its banks. Numerous parks dot the surrounding neighborhoods, perfect for a leisurely afternoon stroll or morning jog.
If you’re looking for things to do in Mystic Connecticut, there’s no need to look any further! Our list of Things To Do In Mystic Connecticut will have something for everyone. Whether you’re a nature lover searching for hikes and biking trails or an adventurer on the hunt for new and exciting experiences, we’ve got you covered. And if there are any other activities that tickle your fancy, be sure to check out our comprehensive listing of Things To Do In Mystic CT.